Digital Media Specialist. Experienced Teacher. Yogi.
Aloha! I’m Joy.
Team Player. Tea Lover. Teacher at heart.
Experienced entrepreneur & digital media trainer with 15+ years in marketing. WordPress Pro with an eye for detail and a talent for communicating. Self-starter who gets the job done well. Keen on collaboration. Driven & delivery-focused. As a teacher I believe in supporting my students to master the fundamentals first.
MA degree & College Instructor
Entrepreneurial + Agency Experience
10+ Years pro WordPress Experience
Digital Marketing strategist, content creator and implementor
Advocates Social good in business
Skills + Tools
A small sample of 80+ digital media platforms I use and competencies I have acquired.
Independent Contractor 2016 – present
Developer & Digital Media Manager
Recruited by marketing agencies and entrepreneurs for:
- WordPress website design, development and backend management
- Copywriting, editing and content creation for online campaigns
- Email campaign design, formatting and data tracking
- Social Media management, content design and graphic design
- Strategy planning, digital media and website training
2016 – present
George Brown College
George Brown College 2016
Recruited by Continuing Education to develop curriculum and teach WordPress for Blogging and Web Design and Intro to Business (Marketing Module).
- Design and Develop all course components and support materials
- Create assessments and provide feedback for student improvement
- Led a mini-hackathon challenge to augment student experience
- Organized live & online guest presentations for International Students
- Received top-level student evaluations and commendation letters
Open Mind Marketing
Open Mind Marketing 2012-2016
Founder / Social Media Strategist
Social media consultancy focused on education and training for business owners. Strategy development or done-for-you services including content calendar planning, social site setup & blog creation.
- Created and delivered a day-long training course in WordPress website development; marketed via digital platforms like Facebook Ads, YouTube and Kijiji
- Developed successful, custom-tailored social media strategies for Canadian small businesses, entrepreneurs & international professionals
- Created a successful 8-week internship program designed to immerse college grads in social media marketing and business development
2012 – 2016
I’ve Worked With
Drury University 2012
Social Media Graduate Certificate
Program focus on Social Media Strategy for Business
University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge 2006
Advanced Marketing Certificate
Earned designation of Distinction in this program
King’s College London
King’s College London 2002
Master of Arts – Environment, Politics & Global Development
Marketing Internship with green-focused Internet Service Provider
As digital media continues to evolve, mastering the fundamentals of communication and human interaction will be what’s most relevant for the next generation of marketers and entrepreneurs. I believe in teaching the how-to, practical applications of technology, grounded in an essential understanding of why-to.
Also, learning should be interactive and fun!
Joyanne is a true professional when it comes to client satisfaction and training. Her willingness to adapt to custom client circumstances, combined with her knowledge and patience, makes for a perfect trainer of technology that can seem overwhelming at first. Joyanne is prompt and professional and a great team member of Now Creative Group.