Content Strategist. Writer. Editor.
Aloha! I’m Joy.
Team Player. Tea Lover. Teacher at heart.
Seasoned content strategist, writer and editor. Talented at storytelling with an eye on engagement. Experienced in SaaS with a track record of email list growth. Skilled in end-to-end campaign management from concept to implementation. Tech stack includes Hubspot, WordPress, Adobe Suite and more. Reliable in remote work and committed to using business as a positive force for social good.
MA degree & College Instructor
Entrepreneurial + Agency Experience
10+ Years pro WordPress Experience
Digital Marketing strategist, wordsmith & Editor
Advocates Social good in business
Skills + Tools
My strongest skillsets and a few of the 80+ digital media platforms I use.
Training & Education
Planning & Strategy
Senior Content Strategist
Collaborate with marketing directors at SaaS companies to build brand recognition and acquire new customers. Writing blogs, video scripts and marketing copy that educates, attracts and leads to wins like:
- Increasing social engagement metrics by up to 82% in 30 days, by writing thoughtful, researched posts; ultimately saving thousands in agency costs for Verb, eliminating generic, low-impact content
- Managing a complete audit of the company blog, updating a library of 50+ posts in 2 months. Edited for improved SEO performance and accuracy to strengthen the Go Nimbly brand image.
- Delivering a 10% lift in open rates in 3 months by establishing a regular schedule of publishing content to re-engage the community and attract new subscribers for Yoga Green Book.
2020 – 2021
Rise Vision 2020-2021
Content Marketing Manager
Manage value-based content production process from concept to publishing across multiple channels
- Increased mailing list by 20% in 6 months with sustained email open rates over 30%
- Wrote the company’s top performing blog post of all time and ranked #1 in search for priority keywords
- Produced content generating the second highest weekly lead volume in company history
- Developed landing page copy, design and email nurture sequences for the company’s first ABM Campaign
2020 – 2021
Independent Contractor 2016 – 2019
Developer & Digital Media Manager
Recruited by marketing agencies and entrepreneurs for:
- WordPress website design, development and backend management
- Copywriting, editing and content creation for online campaigns
- Email campaign design, formatting and data tracking
- Social Media management, content design and graphic design
- Strategy planning, digital media and website training
2016 – present
George Brown College
George Brown College 2016
Recruited by Continuing Education to develop curriculum and teach WordPress for Blogging and Web Design and Intro to Business (Marketing Module).
- Design and Develop all course components and support materials
- Create assessments and provide feedback for student improvement
- Led a mini-hackathon challenge to augment student experience
- Organized live & online guest presentations for International Students
- Received top-level student evaluations and commendation letters
Open Mind Marketing
Open Mind Marketing 2012-2016
Founder / Social Media Strategist
Social media consultancy focused on education and training for business owners. Strategy development or done-for-you services including content calendar planning, social site setup & blog creation.
- Created and delivered a day-long training course in WordPress website development; marketed via digital platforms like Facebook Ads, YouTube and Kijiji
- Developed successful, custom-tailored social media strategies for Canadian small businesses, entrepreneurs & international professionals
- Created a successful 8-week internship program designed to immerse college grads in social media marketing and business development
2012 – 2016
I’ve Worked With
Revenue Operations Certificate
Certification in the fundamentals of RevOps
Content Marketing Certificate
Program focused on essential content marketing strategy
Social Media Graduate Certificate
Program focused on Social Media Strategy for Business
University of Cambridge
Advanced Marketing Certificate
Earned designation of Distinction in this program
King’s College London
Master of Arts – Environment, Politics & Global Development
Marketing Internship with green-focused Internet Service Provider
As digital media continues to evolve, mastering the fundamentals of communication and human interaction will be what’s most relevant for the next generation of marketers and entrepreneurs. I believe in teaching the how-to, practical applications of technology, grounded in an essential understanding of why-to.
Also, learning should be interactive and fun!
Joyanne is a true professional when it comes to client satisfaction and training. Her willingness to adapt to custom client circumstances, combined with her knowledge and patience, makes for a perfect trainer of technology that can seem overwhelming at first. Joyanne is prompt and professional and a great team member of Now Creative Group.